These documents are a work-in-progress. Please use the main menu to navigate.
Some other resources that may be useful:
- TPP Database Schema (based on dummy data) (needs occasional refreshes)
- Variable extractor function skeleton documentation
- Variable extractor function python definitions
- Instructions for interacting with OpenSAFELY via the secure server (in restricted access repo)
- Latest available records in SystmOne and external datasets (needs weekly refreshes)
- Ethnicity codes used by external datasets
- Dataset user guides (in restricted access gdrive folder)
- info for prospective collaborators including pre-requisites, FAQs
- a glossary of terms
- comprehensive code/function documentation
- code of conduct
- an overview of the OpenSAFELY workflow
Updating the documentation
OpenSAFELY is a rapidly changing platform and the user documentation should be updated frequently to keep pace. If you are an OpenSAFELY user and want to contribute corrections, clarifications, or new materials to the documentation, please do! You can either:
- Suggest improvements in an issue.
- Clone the repo locally, make edits on a new branch, then create a pull request for it.
- Edit directly on Github, making sure to "Create a new branch for this commit and start a pull request".
Please do not commit changes directly to the master branch.