Requesting study definition variables
To request new functions that create variables via a study definition, follow these instructions:
- Check that the variable does not already exist, by searching the study definition variables section
- Check that the variable has not already been requested as an Issue in the
cohort-extractorrepository. Look at both open and closed Issues in case the variable has been considered by deemed unworkable or low priorty.
- Create a new Issue in the
cohort-extractorrepository, and add the
- Explain the rationale
- Where possible, describe how you expect the function to look for this variable, or how it will modify or enhance an existing variable:
- what will it be called?
- what are the function arguments?
- what are the returning values?
- Where possible, provide example SQL code for the underlying database query (it doesn't have to be perfect).